Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Eve Christiane Dumont







On October 17th, little Eve was born at 0040 weighing 5 pounds 11 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long. After having an NST and being advised to get induced on the 16th for borderline low fluids, I first went out to eat lunch at BJs with Jeff and my in-laws. ;) I heard stories of not being able to eat after being admitted to the hospital but my doctor actually did end up giving me dinner.

We ended up at the Ventura County Medical Center around 130pm and had the pitosin started around 3pm. Initially at 2cm and only progressing to 3cm at 11pm, I had my bag ruptured by the doctor at 1130pm. That's when it all started. Eve was free to exit the womb. After one short-lived dose of fentanyl and about 10 pushes later, Eve was out.

Jeff did really good. He tried to help count with me during contractions but it didn't work out. He got to cut the cord and has been an awesome dad. Surprisingly he hasn't gagged when changing her poopy diapers.

Today Eve is already one month old. She has been breastfeeding well and at her 2 week visit she weighed 6 pounds 4 ounces. She's our little angel. :-)

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie!! I cant wait to meet her! We need more photo posts!! miss you guys! happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little lady. Congratulations to you both.

    ReplyDelete